Disclaimer: These are our personal thoughts and opinions; they do not represent the beliefs of the United States government or those of the Peace Corps

Friday, March 30, 2012

Juramentacion-ing

Well guys, it's been a long three months...think it's time to head home.

Just kidding. We graduate to full volunteerhood today!

Despite a terrible performance on my language interview, I managed to advance to the required level of fluency. I then learned (mostly) the Nicaraguan national anthem, made childlike thank you cards for my family and community members, and packed up my belongings. All that's left is a short drive to a hotel, where we will participate in a ceremony with 18 other aspirantes who have become my friends in the past few weeks, the Nicaraguan families that have taken care of us as if we were their own, and the fantastic staff of Peace Corps Nicaragua.

And yes, there will definitely be cake this time.

Congratulations Nica 58!

No comments:

Post a Comment