Disclaimer: These are our personal thoughts and opinions; they do not represent the beliefs of the United States government or those of the Peace Corps

Friday, June 1, 2012

PROOF! I’ve done some stuff


Here are a few photos of recent health education materials I’ve created for use in presentations or murals.

Tuberculosis Mural for Health Center

 
Materials for a Presentation on Malaria and Dengue




Materials for a Presentation on Maintaining a Healthy Lifestyle







Pictorial Guide to Breast Self-Exam




Breastfeeding Mural for Casa Materna




Mothers’ Day Mural for Casa Materna





I tell you what…I’m really sick of drawing breasts. However, it’s actually been quite fun getting back to my more creative side lately, even if the level of “art” that I’m producing isn’t quite what it once was back in high school (not only am I out of practice, but have you ever tried to draw fine details or shading with a fat-tipped permanent marker?). I wouldn’t mind doing a bit of that too, but supplies being what they are (as in, I haven’t found any quality drawing pencils or paper in Nicaragua), I think I’ll have to stick to this type of work for now.

In addition to a few other posters I've made since taking these pictures, there are also written talks, PowerPoint presentations, and planning documents. I don’t think you need to see screen shots of those.

Phrase of the Week: Engañar el tiempo – to kill time
  

No comments:

Post a Comment